Like what you read?

Official Comments Policy:

This is my blog and I reserve the right to delete any comments that don't abide by these rules and/or don't contribute to the overall intellectual atmosphere of the blog. I don't mind comments from people who disagree with me, as I am very much open to reconsidering or revising anything that I write.

1. No swearing or otherwise profane language.
2. No insults or otherwise abusive language, toward me or any other commenter.
3. No spamming or trolling.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Abortion Quote of the Day 04

This quote comes from Mary Anne Warren, whose article, On the Moral and Legal Status of Abortion, I recently critiqued and dismantled. A common argument in support of abortion is that if abortion is made illegal, women will resort to back alley butchers or use coat hangers. Warren recognizes that this is not an argument in support of abortion.

"The fact that restricting access to abortion has tragic side effects does not, in itself, show that the restrictions are unjustified, since murder is wrong regardless of the consequences of prohibiting it."
--Marry Anne Warren, "On the Moral and Legal Status of Abortion," in Joel Feinberg, et al, The Problem of Abortion, (Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, 1984), p. 103

No comments:

Post a Comment